The Bar Nothin' Marathon
(Certification Code OK-10023-DG)
The uniquely beautiful Marathon point-to-point course begins at the historic Turner Falls Overlook in the Arbuckle Mountains. Rolling hills wind downhill, intercepting the Half Marathon course beginning at the Murray Co./Carter Co. line. The courses continue downhill together through the scenic countryside of the foothills until the Marathoners turn east for an out-and-back leg through the award-winning Bar Nothin’ Horse Ranch near Springer. Marathoners return to Hwy 77 to re-join the Half Marathoners for the straight stretch into Ardmore, enjoying an overall elevation drop of 538 ft. over the first 15.5 miles of the course. Shallow rolling hills lead back into Ardmore until runners turn west at mile 20 for a final out-and-back to the lake inside beautiful Ardmore Regional Park. Save a little energy during the downhill early on 'cause the gently rolling terrain in the park will feel like mountains at that point in the race. However, your efforts will be richly rewarded as you finish to the cheers of fans at the 50 yard-line inside nearby Noble Stadium.
Additional Race Details:
- All courses are certified for accurate distance and sanctioned by the USA Track and Field Association.
- All courses are open with traffic, fluid and medical support for 6 hours.
- Water stops serving water and Gatorade are located at start line and at one mile intervals.
- Porta-johns are located at start line and near every water stop.
- Medical aid will be available at every third water stop and at Finish Line.
In accordance with USATF insurance regulations, please note that no pets, strollers, skates, bicycles or wheeled vehicles of any kind are allowed on the course.
Every finisher receives a dry-weave shirt and medal.
Individual awards will be presented to top three overall finishers for both males and females.
Individual awards will be presented to top three finishers in every age category for both males and females.