The Valero Fast Half
(Certification Code OK-10002-DG)
We didn’t name it the Fast Half for nothin’...Runners can expect to run a personal best on this course. It is mostly downhill and mostly straight. Beginning at the Murray Co./Carter Co. line in the Arbuckle Mountains, the point-to-point course winds downhill through the beauty of the foothills before entering the 9 mile straight-away into Ardmore. Runners will enjoy the 531 ft. drop in elevation for the first 8.5 miles of the course, saving energy for the shallow rolling hills at mile 9 leading back into Ardmore. Runners turn east to finish to the music and cheers at the 50 yard-line inside Noble Stadium.
Additional Race Details:
- All courses are certified for accurate distance and sanctioned by the USA Track and Field Association.
- All courses are open with traffic, fluid and medical support for 6 hours.
- Water stops serving water and Gatorade are located at start line and at one mile intervals.
- Porta-johns are located at start line and near every water stop.
- Medical aid will be available at every third water stop and at Finish Line.
In accordance with USATF insurance regulations, please note that no pets, strollers, skates, bicycles or wheeled vehicles of any kind are allowed on the course.
Each runner will receive a dry weave T-shirt and each finisher will receive a medal.
Individual awards will be presented to top three overall finishers for both males and females.
Individual awards will be presented to top three finishers in every age category for both males and females.